It's been so long since I last blogged that I don't even really know where to start. Maybe a list? Those are always easy.
1. Lucy is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I know that's dramatic, but I can't tell you how much I love her & how much joy she's added to my life. Especially with Wes being gone so much. We're taking her home to WV for Easter to meet the family (including Julie's pup, Henry). It should be fun, minus the traveling part....
2. My dear friend Kari has changed my life in many ways, including making me appreciate pretty nails. I have "dishpan hands," so I've never been able to keep polish on for long, which makes gel manicures enticing. [They're expensive, but if you live in Louisville, you should visit 79 Nails on Hurstborne! It's only $25, and they do a great job.] I read this article this morning, though, and I confess I've never really thought much about the UV lamps associated with gel manicures. Fortunately, I'm cheap, so it's not that big of an issue in my life! I think I've had... two? gel manicures.
3. My current TV obsession is Grey's Anatomy. I know, I'm way behind the times. I'm also watching Mad Men with my hubs, since he loves it, but gosh those episodes seem long! Do you have a current favorite show that I should know about? [You know, so I can start watching it in 5 years?]
4. Do you shopkick? If you have a smart phone and love Target as much as I do, I highly suggest you start. You get "kicks" for scanning items at stores like Target, Macy's, Best Buy, etc., and then you can trade those kicks in for gift cards. You even get kicks for walking in stores (you don't have to scan anything)! I generally make apx. $10/month. If you're interested, you should sign up with my referral link. It will make us both happy!
5. My work schedule has changed now that our office is starting to get busier. Instead of Fridays off, I am working Monday and Friday 12-4 (we are busiest in the afternoons). While coming in late on Mondays is a treat, coming in on Fridays is HARD. I know I get no sympathy from those of you who work 40+ hours each week, but I am so much happier & healthier when I work less. Someone sent me this article recently & I've read several like it. I used to work with someone who couldn't handle the fact that I made a point to be in my office less than 40 hours/week. But I get my work done & I'm good at my job, so where is the problem? I think far too many people aren't honest about their limits. I also think our society is completely overworked... but that may be another post in and of itself. :)
That's all I can muster up for today. Just a little Thursday update!
1 day ago